$28 Dollar Face Lift? No Cupping Way
For centuries, cupping has been used to help stimulate circulation and remove stagnation from the blood and body. Not only has it moved up in popularity in health and wellness, but it has recently moved up to the face as well. While traditional cupping may leave marks on the body as a sign of healing, this skincare technique is a bruise free and uplifting experience.
How does facial cupping work its magic?
Facial cupping is a gentle suctioning that pulls blood into the area of skin underneath the cup while saturating the surrounding tissue with fresh blood and oxygen. The vacuum like technique separates tissue which results in what is known as micro-trauma, a sterile form of skin inflammation. This triggers an inflammatory response from the immune system, flooding the area with white blood cells, oxygen, platelets, and other healing and rebuilding aids.
What are some of the potential benefits of facial cupping?
- Strengthens skin and connective tissue in face, jawline and neck area
- Stimulates collagen production
- Brightens and tones skin
- Decreases puffiness
- Softens scar tissue
- Plumps fine lines, wrinkles and lips
- Improves absorption of facial products
- Drains stagnant stress emotion and toxins
- Increases oxygen rich blood circulation to neck, face and head
- Regulates oil production
- Relaxes muscle tension and nerve damage
- Reduces appearance of dark circles and under eye puffiness
- Activates lymph drainage
- Reduces appearance of double chin
- Reduces symptoms from sinus infections, TMJ, muscle tension and nerve damage
What is the best facial cupping technique?
We start off with our favorite face cupping set by Skin Gym. This high quality 4 piece set includes 2 facial cups and 2 micro-facial cups designed to perfect your face cupping technique in the comfort of your own home. Remember to not cup over new scars, acute acne, rosacea, sunburned skin, raised moles and cold sores. This technique can be repeated every 72 hours.
- Wash your face with your favorite natural cleanser.
- Apply your favorite natural face oil.
- Gently massage your face for a few minutes to release any tension.
- Use smaller cups for eye areas, nasolabial folds, forehead lines, behind ears and around lips. Apply cup to your skin surface, squeeze to suction, release squeeze and gently move cup in an upward motion to lift and sculpt.
- Use larger cups for cheeks, jawline, neck and forehead. Same technique in upward motion, making sure you cover the entire area. You can rotate cup size as needed.
- Cup for 4-5 minutes on each side minimum for best results.
- Follow with Skin Gym's Gua Sha crystal beauty tool to address neck, jawline and jowls which are prone to sagging.
- When cupping is completed, cleanse face with warm water to open pores and pat dry.
- Finish with your favorite mask or skincare routine, cupping helps increase product absorption.
- Drink plenty of water to support lymph drainage, blood circulation and removal of toxins.
This easy skincare ritual is not only relaxing but also gratifying as many report immediate tighter skin, a noticeable face contour as well as plumper lips. And these results continue to deliver, especially after 6-8 weeks of regular use. While aging is a fact of life, with facial cupping, looking your age doesn’t have to be.